All policies are reviewed and approved by the board on a yearly basis. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about a policy, please let the director know.
Circulation Policy Highlights
All patrons who are registering for their first Kendall Young Library card or renewing their card will be asked to complete the Library Card Application form and to show one form of type written identification as proof of residence. An official state or federal I.D. number is also required.
Loan periods (Adult Department)
- One week - new fiction, holiday books, periodicals, videos, DVDs. Up to two renewals possible for the length of the original checkout as long as no other patron has the item on hold.
- Three weeks - fiction, new fiction with over 400 pages, nonfiction, sheet music, travel packets, music CDs and tapes, audiobooks on cassettes and CDs. Up to two renewals possible for the length of the original checkout as long as no other patron has the item on hold.
- $.10 per day - books, periodicals, audiobooks, DVDs, VHS, sheet music, music CD's and tapes
- $1.00 per day - Art prints, slide set, equipment
- $.50 per day - materials borrowed on Interlibrary Loan
- Patrons will be charged a replacement fee for items not returned.
To offset postage costs Kendall Young Library will charge patrons $2.00 for each ILL item requested.
- Outgoing - $3.00 cover sheet, $1.00 each additional sheet
- Incoming - $3.00 first page, $1.00 each additional sheet
The meeting rooms are available at no charge to any educational, cultural, or other nonprofit group on an occasional basis. No charge may be made for admission to a meeting.
For our full policy, please see: Circulation Policy
*Please note that full policies will open as a .pdf. If you need to download that program to view them, click here*