- About The Library
Festival of Chocolate 2017 will be on Sunday, January 29 from 2-4pm.
- Sunday, January 29 from 2-4pm
- Tickets are $10, available at the library in advance or at the event.
- Would you like to enter your chocolate creation in the Festival? Click Here for an entry form and more information.
The Friends of the Library is a volunteer group that supports the mission of the Kendall Young Library. The Friends of the Library help spread the word about programs, events, and activities; raise funds to support programs and collections; volunteer for Library and Friends events and fundraisers; and sponsor programs aimed at encouraging literacy and library use. Projects that the Friends group undertakes each year include:
- Two Book Sales a year (May and October). For information about donating books, click here.
- Supporting a program for the Friends Annual Meeting
- Subsidizing HeritageQuest Online, a genealogy resource
- Funding the Winter and Summer Reading Programs at the Library
- Book for Babies born at VDMC
- Festival of Chocolate Fundraiser
- Funding the Annual Family Game Night
- Providing Bookpage, a monthly book review print publication
Want to join?
There are two different types of memberships available. An annual membership that is renewed each year is $5.00, while a lifetime membership is a one-time cost of $50.00. Contact the Kendall Young Library at (515) 832-9100 for more information on joining.
Benefits of being a Friend:
- To be an essential part of all the fabulous Kendall Young Library events.
- To sponsor unique programs and activities for the community, like special speakers and book discussions.
- To help bring books to life for the children of Webster City. Friends promote literacy and youth services through their support of programs and activities during the Summer and Winter Reading Programs.
- VIP status at the Friends book sale! Friends members shop the book sale a day before it opens to the public.
- Your membership helps buy special gifts for the Library, including furniture for the Juvenile Department and Teen Area.
- Being a Friend helps sustain the beauty of Kendall Young Library, adding to a wonderful library experience.
Be a part of the fun!
Be a Friend!
Family Game Night Spring Book Sale Winter Reading Program Grand Prize Winner