KENDALL YOUNG LIBRARY
As a public service, the Kendall Young Library reference staff will proctor tests for students. Due to time constraints and the need to serve other patrons, the following policies are required.
1. The proctoring service is only available to Kendall Young Library patrons. An active library card is required.
2. Students must contact the Reference Desk for permission to take a test at the library well in advance of the deadline.
3. The reference staff will complete a form, provided by the student, agreeing to proctor the test.
4. The test, and/or password for access to the test, should be forwarded to
Kendall Young Library
1201 Willson Ave.
Webster City, Iowa 50595
5. An appointment must be made with the reference staff to actually take an exam. Exams will be administered during regular library hours. The library closes at 8:00 p.m. The reference staff reserves the right to refuse to proctor a test if an appointment has not been made at least 24 hours in advance. Call the Reference Desk at 515-832-9100.
6. Unless the college or university specifically states the student is allowed to use a personal computer, the student will use a Kendall Young Library computer for the exam.
7. Kendall Young Library is not responsible if a student misses a scheduled test.
8. If a test must be mailed to a university, the student will be responsible for the postage. The test will be mailed by the library upon completion and payment.
9. If a student is caught cheating on a test, the library reserves the right to deny future proctoring service.
Approved by the Kendall Young Library Board of Trustees 10/13/2009
Reviewed and revised 2/8/2011