get a card
Who is eligible to get a library card?
Library cards are free! Most Iowa residents are eligible, including residents of Webster City, rural Hamilton County, and residents of other communities that participate in the State Library of Iowa Open Access Program.
what do I need to bring to get a library card?
- Bring a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, consular card, passport, etc.)
- Bring proof of address.
- If your photo ID has your current address, that is all you need.
- If your photo ID does NOT have your current address, bring one of the following:
- a copy of your lease
- a piece of mail sent to your address
- a bill containing your name and address
- a check with your address
- something else with your address may be accepted
- Come to the library and fill out a short application
- Is there a cost to getting a library card?
- There is no cost to get a library card!
- What if I lost my card?
- Notify us so we can block the account until you get a replacement
- A replacement card costs $2.00
- Bring a photo ID